Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Murinsel

Hey it's Rachel again!

So far, my team has done better each day, but still it is not good enough. Today was the last day of competition.

After we finished competing, we went to the floating island, the Murinsel. It was built in 2003, when Graz was the "cultural capital of Europe". It was designed by New York artist Vito Apponci, and floats in the River Mur, linked by footbridges to the banks on either side of the river. The river was rushing past the structure, but it remained stationary. Inside the building, there was a cafe, bar, and a playground. I enjoyed climbing on the ropes that were set up at the playground.


This is me looking down to my mom. The net is covering part of my face, but it is not too obscured.

I hope to see you all very soon!

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment